Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Casual Mondays

Yeah, to some extend that headline is stolen from Day9. It’s where we dick around.

A side effect of the lovely new battle.net 2.0 is a clear lack of community in Starcraft II compared to the old Brood War-days. AiurAdun and I have taken it upon ourselves to do something about it. Step 1 in that plan is to get Danish players to play each other and hang out. For that we have created Casual Monday. A recurring tournament open for all Danish players of all skill levels. People are matched up against those of similar skill levels and no one is “out” of the tournament. We don’t really declare a winner either.

 

tm

So far we’ve been around 25 players participating which I think is quite a lot. And it seems like people appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea - how have the Casual Mondays been doing since you started?

    (btw, I'm posting now as CuePhoenix instead of StarcraftDad - my blog moved too - http://gosudad.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time - how's it been doing since you started?

    Have you learned anything from playing with "local" players?

    I tried commenting earlier, but it didn't get posted. Also, I've changed my posting name (I used to go by StarcraftDad) and moved my blog to http://gosudad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete