Saturday, August 14, 2010

Teachings

I know a lot of people who either didn’t play Starcraft: Brood War at all or only very little. Now they have bought Starcraft II and are struggling to get any results at all on the ladder. I know how demoralizing it is to play and (almost) never win and I have seen replays of just how much these people still have to learn.

At present their level can best be described by this instantly classic Penny Arcade strip. And while it is funny, it really doesn’t have to be that way.

It is my firm belief that what a new player need is an easy trick or two, that can a) win him games from time to time and b) provide a foundation to build further understanding of the game on.

So while this is by no means a full tutorial on how to become gosu at Starcraft II, I’ve made a short video tutorial on how to play Terran and win.

Mandatory disclaimer: I suck at this game. If you take my advice seriously it is your problem; not mine. But maybe, just maybe, this will actually help someone. Ok, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment