Sunday, September 14, 2008

Danish Starcraft Tournaments

Back in the days I used to run a website called www.teamladder.dk, a Danish gaming site centered about RTS games in general and Starcraft: Brood War in particular. Part of the site was to run regular tournaments for Danes and set up matches against our archenemies the Swedes ;-).

Later my site merged with www.quake3.dk to become www.dailyrush.dk. To this day DailyRush has a solid core of Danish former Starcraft players among its readers. Lately we have been discussing a new tournament among ourselves and yesterday the first attempt happened.

Around 8 players had shown interest but only 4 showed up. About what you could expect and one of them (KakaoPlante) lagged so bad he had to quit. That left three of us. Not enough to really call a tournament, but still loads of fun. Especially getting to observe and comment on games as they were being played.

The highlight of the experience was my game as Protoss on Othello against my friend AiurAdun as Zerg (replay). Yet another victory! Yay, glory!

In the forum the results and comments have shown enough interest that we will try again in 2 weeks time. This time hopefully with a lot more players.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I love your blog! You should update it more often and play more starcraft! I'm also learning to play starcraft, maybe we can play together sometime. And keep updating! I'm going to visit here every few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Mike. Keep reading. I am not playing as regularily these days, but I do post from time to time.

    ReplyDelete