Sunday, April 27, 2008

So I Suck at Starcraft

It is just a fact and nothing to be all hot and bothered about. I just suck. I can't win a one-on-one game and if I join a team game I get called n00b more times than I can count. Of course being called n00b does not really mean you suck - it just means that some other player is venting his frustration. He is probably a n00b too anyway.

It has been a while since I last played on Blizzard's excellent gaming service Battle.net, but nothing seems to have changed. The support for Starcraft is significantly worse that it is for Warcraft III and the offered games are still ruined by money maps. I take some small satisfaction in knowing that Warcraft III was ruined by DOTA, so it is nothing special.

I vow to not play any money map and although it is comfortable to just join team games, I believe they do not test your skills the same way that one-on-one games do. I aim to suck less in the future than I do now, so I have to play games I may very well loose. That means risking defeat on my own.

So welcome to my new blog. I'll write about my endeavors in the world of competetive gaming and I hope that someone will read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment